February 11, 2006

It's Not What You See, It's How You See It

How does your life look from where you stand?

Look at that old couch. Those colors and that style have been out of date for years. Look at those old bed covers. They've been washed so many times the pattern's faded to almost nothing. Look at that pitiful wardrobe. Those old clothes are a disgrace. Look at this entire place. It's a decorators nightmare.

I hate my life.

Same house. Same person. Different perspective.

Look at that old couch. I've curled up in its corners and read many good books, laid down on its cushions and had many long naps. Look at those well worn bedcovers. They've kept me warm on endless winter nights and provided a cozy place for my children to jump in to when they needed a safe place to snuggle. Look at those clothes of mine. I sure appreciate how good I make them look when I put them on! Look at my home, my haven, my sanctuary. Millions of people are without shelter, and I have a place to return to at the end of each day - a place I call my own.

I am blessed.

Changing your life doesn't have to cost a cent. 'What' you see - doesn't determine your reality. 'How' you see it - is the truth of your life.

Living in love and loving life,

Terri McPherson
tmcphers@MNSi.Net
Wise Hearts - Weaving Small Wisdoms Through The Fabric of Life
www.wisehearts.com

Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments: