September 13, 2004

Third Step Prayers

God, I offer myself to You
To build with me and do with me as You will.
Relieve me of the bondage of self, that I may better do Your will.
Take away my difficulties, that victory over them may bear witness to those I would help of Your Power, Your Love, and Your Way of Life.
May I do Your will always!

Alternate Prayer

Take my will & my life,
Guide me in my recovery,
Show me how to live

Original Third Step Prayer (attributed to Dr. Bob)

Dear God, I'm sorry about the mess I've made of my life. I want to turn away from all the wrong things I've ever done and all the wrong things I've ever been. Please forgive me for it all. I know You have the power to change my life and can turn me into a winner.

Thank You, God for getting my attention long enough to interest me in trying it Your way.

God, please take over the management of my life and everything about me. I am making this conscious decision to turn my will and my life over to Your care and am asking You to please take over all parts of my life.

Please, God, move into my heart. How ever You do it is Your business, but make Yourself real inside me and fill my awful emptiness. Fill me with your love and Holy Spirit and make me know Your will for me.

And now, God, help Yourself to me and keep on doing it. I'm not sure I want You to, but do it anyhow. I rejoice that I am now a part of Your people, that my uncertainty is gone forever, and that You now have control of my will and my life.

Thank You and praise Your name.

Amen.

No comments: