September 23, 2004

Recovery Aided by Higher Power

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

It has been proved that we afflicted persons cannot recover by our own will power. We've failed again and again. Therefore, I believe that there must be a Higher Power that helps us. I think of that Power as the grace of God. And I pray every morning for the strength to stay rational today. I know that Power is there because it never fails to help me. Do I believe that this program works through the grace of God to help me?

MEDITATION FOR THE DAY

Once I am born of the spirit, that is my life's breath. Within me is the Life of life, so that I can never perish. The Life down through the ages has kept God's children through peril, adversity, and sorrow. I must try never to doubt or worry but to follow where the Life leads me. How often, when I am least aware, God goes before me to prepare the way, soften a heart, or put aside a resentment. As the Life spirit grows, my natural wants become less important.

PRAYER FOR THE DAY

I pray that my life may become centered in God more than in myself. I pray that my will may be directed toward doing His will.

You are reading from the book, Look to this Day by Alan L. Roeck

Copyright 1978 by Hazelden Foundation. All rights reserved.

No comments: