June 20, 2007

True Friends and Priceless Relationships

I have had my share of problems, heartaches, and disappointments because that is life, but also I have known a great deal of joy and a peace that is the handmaiden of an inner freedom. I have a wealth of friends and, with my AA friends, an unusual quality of fellowship. For, to these people, I am truly related. First, through mutual pain and despair, and later through mutual objectives and newfound faith and hope.

And, as the years go by, working together, sharing our experiences with one another, and also sharing a mutual trust, understanding, and love -- without strings, without obligation -- we acquire relationships that are unique and priceless.

c.2001 AAWS, Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 276

Thought to Ponder . . .
A friend is one who sees through you and still enjoys the view.

from AA Thought for the Day (courtesy AAOnline.net)

No comments: