October 15, 2007

Steps in the Sunlight


I was a slave to the behavior patterns of alcoholism. I was chained to negativity, with no hope of cutting loose. The Steps offered me an alternative. . .

Today I can choose to open the door to freedom and rejoice in the sunlight of the Steps, as they cleanse the spirit within me.

c. 1990 AAWS, Daily Reflections, p. 114

Thought to Ponder . . .
Just for today, I choose not to drink.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
H O W = Honesty, Open-mindedness, Willingness.

AA Thought for the Day(courtesy AAOnline.net)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am not an alcoholic but I fell in love with someone who was. I realised one needn't be an alcoholic to understand. I grapple with the same problems only on a different level - emotional dependence for example. I read your blog daily, something I do reflexively and these words here comfort me and many a time I have drawn solace when I've wandered in here, angry at times or hurt. I thought it is important to let you know that this blog has touched my life in many ways.

I appreciate the effort and care you've put into it.

Thank you.

... A Random Stranger