July 26, 2004

Random Quotes

I am not sure of the sources for some of these statements, but they have helped me and I want to share them.

Our defiance and grandiosity springs from a persisting infantile ego, characteristically filled with feelings of omnipotence, demands for direct gratification of wishes, and a proneness to interpret frustration as evidence of rejection and lack of love.

Serenity does not mean the lack of any stress or tension - rather it means the inner security that enables us to bear the stresses and to use them as occasions for growth.

Humility is a state of mind that comes from a realistic and relatively accurate knowledge of one's abilities and limitations.

To those who have made progress in AA, humility amounts only to a clear recognition of what and who we really are, followed by a sincere attempt to become what we can be. (Bill W.)

If there is a disturbance deep inside of me - if anything from the outside disturbs, distresses or presents a conflict in my life - there's something I should be doing that I'm not doing or there's something I'm doing that I shouldn't be doing. I sit down in my rocker until I figure it out with God.

No comments: