January 03, 2005

Recovery Resolutions for the New Year

Today's thought is:

When I came into this program, was I a desperate person? Did I have a soul-sickness? Was I so sick of myself and my way of living that I couldn't stand looking at myself in a mirror? Was I ready for the program? Was I ready to try anything that would help me to get straightened out and to get over my soul- sickness? Should I ever forget the condition I was in?

RESOLUTIONS FOR THE NEW YEAR

In the new year, I will strive to live one day at a time. I will do my best to make each day one of preparation for better things ahead. I will try not to dwell on the past or the future, only on the present. I will endeavor to bury every fear of the future, all thoughts of unkindness and bitterness, all my dislikes, my resentments, my sense of failure, and my disappointments in others and in myself, my gloom and despondency. I will attempt to leave all these things buried and go forward, in this new year, into a new life.

PRAYER FOR THE DAY

I pray that God, as I understand God, will guide me one day at a time in the new year. I pray that each day I will be supplied with the wisdom and the strength that I need.

Based on a reading from the book: Look to this Day by Alan L. Roeck
Copyright 1978 by Hazelden Foundation.

No comments: