January 24, 2005

Truth, the Liberator

"How truth makes us free is something that we AA's can well understand. It cut the shackles that once bound us to alcohol. It continues to release us from conflicts and miseries beyond reckoning; it banishes fear and isolation." © 1967, As Bill Sees It, page 70
Truth, honesty -- the basis of our success -- we must learn this character trait in order to release us from the past hurts and failures. We have lived in lies in our active addiction -- we must put them behind us. God knows our hearts and our minds -- we are hiding nothing from Him.

When the truth is exposed -- we are free. Truth may bring consequences, but they pass and we raise the bar a little higher each time. This releases us from conflicts and brings us closer to God, our family and ourselves.

Truth is the liberator.
“Teach me your way, O LORD,
and I will walk in your truth;
give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.
I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart;
I will glorify your name forever." -- Psalm 86:11-12
Read carefully and meditate:
If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it!


Wings Devotional© Daily Meditation Translation is property of Wings of Eagles Recovery Org.

No comments: