August 30, 2005

Forgiving Others Leads to Self-Forgiveness

TODAY'S POSITIVE THOUGHT:

Learn to forgive others if you want to forgive yourself.

TODAY'S POSITIVE AFFIRMATION:

Today, I AM forgiving others as I learn to forgive myself.

TODAY'S POSITIVE VISUALIZATION:

I close my eyes and recognize myself in others. I realize that the faults I see in others are a mirror of my own limitations. As I put myself in another's shoes, I feel the fear and sadness this other person experiences as he/she views his/her own mistakes. I allow my compassion to surround this person with love and forgiveness. I recognize the Divine spirit, that lives within this person, is worthy of my love. My forgiveness, love, and compassion return to me, magnified and strengthened, to heal my own insecurities and limitations. In my mind's eye I see myself easily forgiving myself and others as I recognize the Divine within us all. I combine these thoughts with a feeling of joy and I let the images go.

Copyright © 2002 Institute For Creative Living

No comments: