December 09, 2004

Willingness to Change is a Blessing

From "At the Turning Point:"

"In one form or another, many of my character defects appear daily: self-condemnation, anger, running away, being prideful, wanting to get even, or acting out of grandiosity. "Attempting half measures to eliminate these defects merely paralyzes my efforts to change. It is only when I ask God for help, with complete abandon, that I become willing -- and able -- to change."

c. 1990, Daily Reflections, page 15 Wings Devotional© Daily Meditation Translation is property of Wings Of Eagles Recovery©

**********************************

Willing - - that is all that is asked of us for success. Willing to admit we are addicts, willing to acknowledge our ineptness to change, willing to acknowledge God and His strength to make our recovery possible and willing to turn if all over to God to make that change. We also must become willing to work the steps in complete honesty and obedience,even to the point of sacrifice. Always going back to the point of being willing to ask God for help, with a teachable and moldable spirit to change.

Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. Then I will teach transgressors your ways,and sinners will turn back to you.” -- Psalm 51:11-13

Read carefully and meditate:
If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it!

*******************************
Wings Devotional© Daily Meditation Translation is property of Wings Of Eagles Recovery©

No comments: