March 23, 2005

Forgiveness Restores Energy and Peace

Father Leo's Daily Meditation

FORGIVENESS

"God will forgive me; that's his business."
-- Heinrich Heine

It took me a long time to accept that God had forgiven the deeds done in my addiction. It took me a long time to comprehend that God is forgiveness, "forgiving love". Forgiveness unites us with God because it is His nature to forgive.

When I am living the spiritual life, I can unite myself with Him by my acts of forgiveness. And when I forgive others, I am doing a kindness, an act of forgiveness, to myself. Hate used to drain me of energy and it still can if I get caught up in resentments. Forgiveness restores energy and peace.

When I forgive, I am at one with God.

In the forgiveness of others I discover me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very spiritual, enjoyed reading. thanks for posting. please come over and check my site, i am new on the blog scene. Bob http://bobwired.blogs.com

Anonymous said...

This is very true. I recently forgave somebody for a trespass commited 15 years ago. It lifted a huge burden from my heart.