March 22, 2005

The Tools to Live My Life, this Precious Life

Abundant Hope

Hopelessness has been replaced by abundant hope and sincere faith. The people of Alcoholics Anonymous have provided a haven where, if I remain quiet enough and keep my mind quiet enough, my Higher Power leads me to amazing realizations. I find joy in my daily life, in being of service, in simply being. . .

The things that I have learned from my own experience, from the Big Book, and from my friends in AA -- patience, acceptance, honesty, humility, and true faith in a Power greater than myself -- are the tools I use today to live my life, this precious life.

c. 2001 AAWS, Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 475, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc.

Thought to Ponder . . .

Hope sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.

No comments: