April 04, 2005

23rd Psalm of Recovery

The Lady is my sponsor. I shall not want.

She maketh me to go to many meetings.

She leadeth me to sit back, relax and listen with an open mind.

She restoreth my soul, my sanity, and my health.

She leadeth me in the paths of recovery, serenity, and fellowship for mine own sake.

She teacheth me to think, to take it easy, to live and let live, and to do first things first.

She maketh me honest, humble, and grateful.

She teacheth me to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and shows me the wisdom to know the difference.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of despair, frustration, guilt, and remorse, I will fear no evil, for thou art with me; the program, thy way of life.

The Twelve Steps, they comfort me.

Thou preparst a table before me in the presence of mine enemies; rationalization, fear, anxiety, self-pity, anger, and resentment.

Thou anointest my confused mind and jangled nerves with knowledge, understanding, and hope.

No longer am I alone; neither am I afraid, nor sick, nor helpless, nor hopeless.

My cup runneth over.

Surely recovery and serenity shall follow me every day of my life, twenty-four hours at a time, as I surrender my will to God and carry the message to others;

and I will daily dwell in the house of my Higher Power.

Forever and ever.

Author Unknown

No comments: