April 09, 2005

What a Tangled Web

"As a drinking alcoholic I was telling so many lies to cover the lies I had previously told that I got lost in a maze of untruth! Most of the lies were stupid, irrelevant and harmless - but they were all aimed at building up my ego. Making me look good. Telling people I had more. My memory could not keep up with my tongue and I became guilty, ashamed and embarrassed.

Today I need to remember that there is nothing any lie can give me that I need; there is nothing in the world of fabrication that I need; I have what I need.

Today I have a relationship with a God and Friend that I can understand and be vulnerable with; I don't need to be perfect to be loved.

Help me to seek the good life in those things that are good."

From Reverend Leo Booth - Daily Meditation.

No comments: