October 09, 2004

Foster an Attitude of Gratitude

"Another exercise that I practice is to try for a full inventory of my blessings and then for a right acceptance of the many gifts that are mine -- both temporal and spiritual. . .

I try to hold fast to the truth that a full and thankful heart cannot entertain great conceits. When brimming with gratitude, one's heartbeat must surely result in outgoing love, the finest emotion that we can ever know."

Bill. W., March 1962
c.1988AAGrapevine, The Language of the Heart, p. 271

Thought to Consider . . .

I have learned what a heart full of gratitude feels like.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanx for "Thought to Consider... I have learned what a heart full of gratitude feels like." Oh, what a feeling! It's truly humbling, ain't it? Humility hand-in-hand with acceptance seem to be prerequisites for any serenity I'm blessed with, and for that, I am grateful. It's like they make up a spiritual full meal deal! McGratitude and the golden arches of AA! (I'd best stop there...)
Thanx again for the ponderance,
Bo B.