October 11, 2004

Tribute to Christopher Reeve

Yahoo! Groups : WeAreSpiritFirst Messages:

"He was only 52 years old...Christopher Reeve, only 52 years....

I can't imagine how difficult these past years have been not only for Christopher
but also his wonderful wife Dana and his children.
I know we all saw Christopher in his chair, but I could always see past that..
To me he was always Superman, with or without flight...
NO doubt he walked to his new home, although we will all admit
a bit earlier than we all expected.

He died of complications of a heart attack that sent him into a coma
late yesterday. How sad our world will be without him.
He did so much for spinal cord injuries, he did so much to touch
our hearts about what it takes to be a human being...

I know he touched my heart in more ways than I can express..
I searched for a quote that would depict Christopher Reeve and found this one...

Closing Quote from Christopher Reeve:

"'When the first Superman movie came out I was frequently asked 'What is a hero?' I remember the glib response I repeated so many times. My answer was that a hero is someone who commits a courageous action without considering the consequences--a soldier who crawls out of a foxhole to drag an injured buddy to safety. And I also meant individuals who are slightly larger than life: Houdini and Lindbergh, John Wayne, JFK, and Joe DiMaggio. Now my definition is completely different. I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a wonderful quote you found... touching... I have the priviledge to work with students with disabilities, and I am inspired by such heroes every day.
Thanx muchly for that!
Bo B.