October 25, 2004

My Favorite Recovery Sayings - part 5

We come to the program thinking we are at the end of the line, whereas we are just at the start of a journey.
Although we are not responsible for our disease, we are responsible for our recovery.
The problem with isolating is that you get such bad advice.
All the happiness there is in this world comes from thinking about others, and all the suffering comes from preoccupation with yourself.
I often obsessively pursue feeling good...no matter how bad it makes me feel.
If you want to quit drinking, you are going to have to quit drinking.
I would rather go through life sober, believing I am an alcoholic, than go through life drunk, trying to convince myself that I am not.
An alcoholic is a person who wants to be held while he's isolating.
Resentments are like stray cats: if you don't feed them, they'll go away.

No comments: